Wednesday 4 February 2015

Am I right? Or Am I wrong?

There is a path before each person that seems right, but it ends in sin and death (Proverbs 14:12 NLT)

Which paths are you following? 

Why do you believe what you believe? 

What is your source? 

Can your source be trusted? 

Is there any information you are struggling to believe? 

Do you know the end of the current life choices that you are making? 

 
The path our life takes is the result of our choices and circumstances. We choose the path we believe and we are influenced by our society, environment, culture and religion when we make our life choices.



 

When I was growing up, I was in an environment where it was cool to read horoscopes. I was told about my star sign by friends; on a regular basis, I had checked the newspaper or a magazine for predictions of my behaviour for the day. I never knew it was wrong to believe in horoscopes, I was oblivious to the danger, nobody had challenged me about it, in fact, it was a cool thing for you to know your horoscopes when I was a teenager. 
 
As I learned more about my faith in Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit taught me that, it was an abomination to God for His children to believe in horoscopes. The Word of God says in Deuteronomy 18:10-14 that, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord. For anything that I needed to know about my life, the creator of my life had put an answer to it in the Bible or alternatively, the Holy Spirit would teach me.
The Bible and the Holy Spirit have brought peace of mind, positive thinking, and re-assurance about my future in comparison to horoscopes.

I was able to establish that the choice that I had initially made when I read horoscopes was wrong. My question to you readers and follower is: "How would you know if the choices that you are making are right or wrong?"

How would you discern whether the choices that you are taking are true and pure? You need the help of something that is greater, higher and wiser than you to know if the choices that you are taking are the right choices for your life. 

You need Jesus Christ, He knows everything, including the hidden and the secret things.

Why not let Him guide you in your values, opinions, choices and in the decision that you are taking so that you can be the best in life.

- Myss Lafunky

Photo Credit: http://shelbycollinge.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment